Students will be able to:
- name and identify giants of the earth
- understand the concept of evolution
- explore environments of dinosaurs and large mammals
- develop skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- grow in self-esteem and self-confidence
Summer, a time to bridge the gap from year to year, can be an opportunity for children to take “giant steps” academically, emotionally, and socially. GIANT STEPS is an educational and recreational program designed to build success, self-confidence and social skills through the elements of academics, visual arts, group activities and play experiences. The overall theme of this class is “Giants of the Past and the Present.” Group and play experiences will emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, new challenges, cooperating with others and having fun in the process. Highlighted activities include visits from talented experts and field trips to exciting local places, on a weekly basis, correlated with classroom study. An additional fee of $15 per trip will be charged for the use of a bus along with an admission fee to some events.