Students will be able to:
- read, write, observe, investigate and discuss a variety of science topics
- conduct hands-on scientific experiments
- participate in cooking, art, and drama activities based on relevant science topics
- learn scientific songs and poems
- develop a greater awareness of the science around them
- go on field trips to observe science in action
Children are naturally inquisitive and learn best through hands-on experiences. The study of science is simply a process of curiosity; then it makes sense that children are attracted to science concepts and activities. And what better time to explore these concepts than in the summer when there are so many opportunities to see science in action. In this class, students will make summer-time foods such as ice cream, cupcakes, Jell-O and popcorn along with other concoctions such as magic potions and goo while learning the science behind it. They will go on a nature scavenger hunt to sketch and find living things. They will make their own bubble solution, wand, pinwheel, and windsock while discussing their scientific significances. The class will conclude with a water play day and a hands-on sharing day where parents will be able to come in and participate in many of the science activities. If you love science, summer and fun, this class is for you!