Why do we need your support?
- Your support helps us maintain the excellence of our programs
- Without the generous support of parents, alumni, and friends, we would need to charge an average of $7,000 more per student to fully cover the cost of their education
- Tuition covers only 60% of the school’s annual operating costs
- Together, Annual Fund gifts and Endowment income contribute over 35% to the school’s annual operating costs
- Philanthropic gifts provide dollars that give UCLA Lab School the discretionary ability to meet instructional needs and act on new initiatives throughout the year.
- Charitable support helps us adjust to changes brought on by fluctuations in the local and world economy
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is money raised each year to support the day to day activities of the school. It benefits every student by supporting extraordinary opportunities as well as helping meet the school’s general needs. The Annual Fund provides roughly 25% of the school’s operating budget. It offers parents, alumni, and friends the opportunity to strengthen the highest priorities of the school through their annual unrestricted gifts.
Specifically, the Annual Fund allows UCLA Lab School to:
- Support teachers’ salaries to recruit and maintain a first- class faculty
- Provide tuition assistance so that more families have access to our program
- Maintain the diversity of our student population
- Provide state of the art technology for our children’s classrooms
- Fund the music, art and physical education programs
- Support educational research by lab school teachers and UCLA faculty that makes it possible for our children to enjoy the finest classroom curriculum and practices, and also helps educators and children elsewhere
What is the Endowment Fund?
The Endowment Fund seeks to ensure the long-term financial stability of the school. Gifts to establish or increase an endowed fund form a principal, which is invested to generate annual income and provides a source of ongoing support. The endowment income currently provides roughly 10% of the school’s operating budget.
Current Endowed Funds at UCLA Lab School
- Merritt Adams & Alexandra Rand Fund
- Apu’s Garden & Birthday Book Club Fund
- Carol L. Collins Fund
- Crohn Scholarship Fund
- Lisë & Mac Davis Drama Fund
- Dern Family Scholarship Fund
- Gonda Family Library Fund
- Matt & Deborah Caplan Groening Fund
- Lisa Henson Fund
- Gregg G. Juarez Fund
- Marilyn & Jeffrey Katzenberg Scholarship Fund
- Mark & Stefania Magidson General Fund
- Younes & Soraya Nazarian Arts Fund
- Ostin Family General Fund
- Walter Parkes & Laurie MacDonald General Fund
- Bruno Seros-Ulloa Lecture Fund
- Sudikoff Scholarship Fund