Ways to Give
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is money raised each year to support the day to day activities of the school. It benefits every student by supporting extraordinary opportunities as well as helping meet the school's general needs. The Annual Fund provides roughly 25% of the school's operating budget. It offers parents, alumni, and friends the opportunity to strengthen the highest priorities of the school through their annual unrestricted gifts.
Specifically, the Annual Fund allows UCLA Lab School to:
- Support teachers' salaries to recruit and maintain a first- class faculty
- Provide tuition assistance so that more families have access to our program
- Maintain the diversity of our student population
- Provide state of the art technology for our children's classrooms
- Fund the music, art and physical education programs
- Support educational research by lab school teachers and UCLA faculty that makes it possible for our children to enjoy the finest classroom curriculum and practices, and also helps educators and children elsewhere
What is the Endowment Fund?
The Endowment Fund seeks to ensure the long-term financial stability of the school. Gifts to establish or increase an endowed fund form a principal, which is invested to generate annual income and provides a source of ongoing support. The endowment income currently provides roughly 10% of the school's operating budget.
Current Endowed Funds at UCLA Lab School
- Merritt Adams & Alexandra Rand Fund
- Apu’s Garden & Birthday Book Club Fund
- Carol L. Collins Fund
- Crohn Scholarship Fund
- Lisë & Mac Davis Drama Fund
- Dern Family Scholarship Fund
- Gonda Family Library Fund
- Matt & Deborah Caplan Groening Fund
- Lisa Henson Fund
- Gregg G. Juarez Fund
- Marilyn & Jeffrey Katzenberg Scholarship Fund
- Mark & Stefania Magidson General Fund
- Younes & Soraya Nazarian Arts Fund
- Ostin Family General Fund
- Walter Parkes & Laurie MacDonald General Fund
- Bruno Seros-Ulloa Lecture Fund
- Sudikoff Scholarship Fund