Parents contribute to the school community in a variety of important ways, from volunteering in classrooms, to serving on school-wide committees, to fundraising. Open houses, community meetings, and discussion groups help inform parents about educational research and practice and provide information about their children’s educational progress.
Current parents can stay connected and get up-to-date information by signing in to the Parents Page.
Family School Alliance
The Family School Alliance (FSA) has been an integral part of our school for more than 50 years. Every UCLA Lab School family is automatically a member of the FSA. This active volunteer organization has a simple goal: to work together with the faculty and staff to make our students’ time at the school a memorable and life-shaping experience.
The Family School Alliance:
- Organizes and recruits parent volunteers
- Helps support classroom programs and extracurricular activities
- Sponsors and coordinates special events
- Helps keep families informed through Backpack Notes, a weekly newsletter
There are many opportunities for every parent to volunteer. Whether it’s working on fundraising activities, becoming a room parent, or contributing to one of the many committees, there is something to suit everyone’s interests and schedule.
We welcome all parents to join in this tradition of service and community.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Assist in the classroom
- Help in the library
- Help out at events such as the carnival, Jog-a-Thon, book fair or spring musical
- Assist on class field trips
- Provide Spanish translation for FSA written materials or verbal translation at school functions
- Produce weekly Backpack Notes
- Work on the yearbook
- Assist with the After School Enrichment Program