02 : Art & Architecture Around the World
8:30 a.m. - Noon
Designed for children 8 - 11 years / Grade in fall : 3 - 5
Build! Create! Paint! Discover! Cook! Wonder!
• Explore different cultures through researching art, architecture and culture
• Develop their understanding of history and geography
• Create art using different techniques and materials
• Build models of world architecture
• Learn about the history, myths, foods and culture of different countries
• Practice working in cooperative group activities and projects
This summer students will explore:
Japan – Tokyo and Kyoto Architecture and Temples, Mt. Fuji, Hokasai, Utamaru, Japanese Gardens, Bonsai Trees, Origami and Japanese food.
Greece – Athens and Santorini Architecture, Grecian Urns, Mythology, The Parthenon and Greek food
Spain – Madrid, Prado and Reina Sofia Museums, Miro, Picasso, Barcelona, Tapas, Gaudi Architecture and mosaics
Click image to see larger image