Meet Our UCLA Lab School Green Team Students Working to Help the Environment

The Green Team is made up of UCLA Lab School students of the Intermediate and Upper Levels who are concerned about our environment. We meet weekly to discuss ideas, make plans, and take action on our concerns.

Meet some of our members:

Hunter: “I am in the Green Team to help the environment stay alive.”

“Hi! My name is Laura. I joined the Green Team because I was a member of Green Team last year, when it was called Green Club. When it was called that, it felt like we were excluding everyone else. So that is why we changed the name, to be more inclusive. Last year we made a lot of progress on helping our school, like introducing the bins of composting, recycling, and trash. Also, last year was really fun and this year I think we are off to a really good start.”

“I’m in the Green Team because I love the environment and I don’t want anything bad to happen to it. I have some ideas on how to save it.” – Camila

“Hi! My name is Olivia and I’m in the Green Team because I want to help the problems on our planet and help our community. I’m really concerned that people are not taking care of the planet the way it should be taken care of. I’m really concerned about global warming.”

“Hi! My name is Anjalie. And I’m in the Green Team because I think that the environment is very important to every one. There also was a Green Team at my old school, but that Green Team was VERY different. Even though this is different, it still is very fun because we are still trying to help the environment. I care a lot about trees and the oceans, so I’m always trying to help them. I think that people should stand up for our planet and they shouldn’t back down on what they believe in. I think that the Green Team is doing a great job in raising awareness & helping the environment. :)”