Safe School Workshop for Educators Will Explore How to Create a Supportive, Inspiring Environment for Learning, January 18

“I cannot wait to apply the ideas we observed and discussed.”
— Safe School EDGE-UCATOR Day participant

In this workshop we invite you to explore strategies for how to build a classroom community where all students feel inspired to learn and play. Spend the morning observing in PreK-6 classrooms at UCLA Lab School (Dual-language Spanish/English options available). See examples of how to reinforce inclusive values and build students’ self-management skills. Engage in discussion with teachers and Safe School specialists. Together we’ll unpack how to plan for and bring together classroom lessons, mediations on the playground and timely addressing of issues to create a caring culture and a safe environment of respect for all.

Safe School EDGE-UCATOR Day
Thursday, January 18, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.

REGISTER

• $130 per person
  • Administrators, coaches, and/or coordinators FREE if attending with a team of 2 or more
  • Priority will be given to teams of 2–8 teachers enrolling from the same school; maximum of 8 attendees per school
  • Lunch and parking provided
  • Registration and payment due January 12, 2018

From past participants:

“It was really helpful to see Safe School methodologies in action across grade levels.”

“So helpful. I will bring all my teachers to see and observe.”

“I was so impressed by the use of the classroom environment as a strong aspect of the learning process.”

“The day helped me see how to start small, implementing management techniques and introducing the ‘Cool Tools.’”

“My next step will be to learn how to influence others in the community to think in this inclusive way.”

“Very informative!”

“I’ve never felt so inspired!”