Researchers choose to partner with UCLA Lab School because of our diverse student population and teachers’ knowledge of research and pedagogy.

How to apply to conduct research

Researchers from UCLA or other agencies or universities who wish to conduct research at UCLA Lab School must complete the online application (see the link below). This includes doctoral theses, faculty research, and pilot studies. Applications by students and off-campus researchers must be cosigned by a UCLA faculty sponsor, who assumes responsibility for the conduct of the study.
If you are applying to conduct a non-publishable course project, or an evaluation study, you do not need to apply using this application. Please contact the CONNECT office to determine if your project is not classified as research: